Have a disability and a dream for a business? Ask us about the Entrepreneurs With Disabilities Program (EDP).
Self employment can be a great way for persons with a disability or an ongoing medical condition to achieve economic inclusion. Self employment is made more manageable through flexible hours, personalized work environments and a sense of control over your future. Explore your Entrepreneurial potential by completing the BDC Self-Assessment.
The Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program is for people who:
- Self-disclose a disability or ongoing health issue
- Have a viable business idea, and have demonstrated commitment through research learning and planning
- Is ready, willing and motivated to run their own business
- Is creative, resourceful and ready for change
- Needs additional support to overcome a barrier to entrepreneurship
The Entrepreneurs With Disabilities Program Includes:
- Access to a network of business professionals and resources
- Business skills coaching
- Mentorship and networking opportunities